Tuesday 9 June 2015

Makeup Revolution // Lip Lavas

I love lipstick, so, as soon as I saw these products I was desperate to get hold of them. Makeup Revolution do some brilliant deals on their website so I managed to buy all five for the price of four with this deal. Each lipstick is £2.99 each and, in my opinion, well worth the price.


When you look at these lipsticks you can clearly see that they are dupes for Too Faced Melted Lipsticks and that's just brilliant. I can't compare the two products as I don't own any of the Melted Lipsticks but if they're anything as good as the Lip Lavas I may invest in one or two.

The boxes that the lipsticks come in are lovely. They clearly show which colours are which whilst still being chic and eye catching. The actual lipsticks are a very clever idea. As the lipstick is liquid they are in plastic tubes which are very easy to use and you can control just how much product you want to use. The applicator is made of a very stiff felt-like material in a doe foot shape. The product glides smoothly off it and onto your lips almost effortlessly and the shape follows the natural shape of your lips really well.



The actual products are lovely. I was a little worried that they might dry out my lips as they are quite cheap but I was pleasantly surprised. They are very smooth and moisturising on the lips and they last quite a while (as long as you don't rub it off by eating or drinking too often.) They aren't greasy or sticky and they stick to your lips and don't end up all over your mouth by the end of the day. You only need a small amount of product to cover your lips as the colour is very opaque. The five different colours are Firestorm, Forgiven, Shockwave, Tremor and Unleash.  There is a good mix of bright and neutral tones in the collection which is great as you can wear them for any look.

Overall, I am very impressed with these products. They are everything I wanted them to be and more and I can't wait to use them in future looks and on a day to day basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment