Thursday 5 February 2015

Maybelline Colour Tattoo // Pink Gold



Just after Christmas I went shopping with my boyfriend and picked this up from Superdrug. Its the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold and it was just £4.99. It wasn't a product that I had set out to buy but I had seen so many people raving about it so I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did.

First of all, the packaging for this product is just lovely. It looks so clean and professional. Maybelline seem to have really thought about how this product looks as the glass bottom is so chic and shows off just how lovely the colours in the range really are. The screw on cap is really easy to use and also makes it safe to put in your handbag as you can be sure that that cap wont fall off and the product won't get all over your handbag.
 

I have never been a great lover of cream eye shadows, but this product has made me think twice. It is so smooth and creamy unlike many others I have tried in the past that have been sticky. I doesn't crease on the eye and you cant even feel its there. The product applies so easily and just glides onto your eyelid. Its best applied by just using your fingers as I found it was quite hard to pick up with a brush but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The pigmentation of this product is just amazing. Its so shimmery and bright. I think it really makes your eyes pop and you don't need much for the colour to show and the more layers you put on, the more shimmery it gets.

The product claims to last 24 hours. Now, I can't really test that theory very fairly because I'm not prepared to stay up for that long whilst wearing the product but I can say that it lasts quite a while. I occasionally put this on in the morning for school and it still looks just as pigmented at 9 o'clock at night when I take it off.



I did attempt to make a look with the product. Firstly I put the Colour Tattoo all over my lid. I then put a dark brown shade from the Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 in my crease and blended it up and into the cream shadow. I applied a little more pink gold to my lid just to make sure the sparkle was showing. Lastly I curled my eyelashes and applied my favourite mascara (Maybelline Volume Express Colossal 100% Black )

Overall I absolutely love this product. The texture, payoff and even packing are just amazing and I cannot find any faults. I am really hoping to try some more shades in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment